Thursday 3 November 2011

Haji Shakil (db)


Al Salamu 'Alaykum.

Haji Shakil Saheb needs no introduction. He lives in Panvel and his majlis is held every Sunday over there. People come over from places as varied and far off as Khopoli, Bombay, Malegaon, Surat etc to attend his Deeni Majlis. He is known for his inimitable sense of humour and his invariable adherence to the truth, however unpalatable it maybe for his listeners. In addition, Hadrat finances and runs many makaatib in rural areas of India where Muslims are in a minority and are at risk of losing their faith and their identity.

Right now, Haji Shakil Sb is on Hajj. Before he left, this unworthy soul asked him to make dua' by name. Yesterday morning, I got a message on my mobile from his Saudi number. It said, "Al Salamu Alaikum. Aapke liye dua kar raha hun. Aapse dua ki darkhwast hai." Translation: "I am praying for you. Request for dua".

For a long time I just sat in my office staring at my mobile wondering at the love and mercy of our elders. Out of the hundreds, nay thousands of people who must have requested Hadrat for dua's, the Shaykh remembered me and while sitting in the Haram he managed to get the message across to me and at the same time requested for dua's himself.

Truly, our elders cannot be matched in their love for the Ummah, their humility and their compassion. May Allah protect and preserve our Shuyukh, our Sufiya and our 'Ulema.
Peace and Blessings upon Muhammad al Mustafa, his Companions and his Family.
'Alaikum Salam.

2 comments:

  1. sub'haanAllah. These ahlullah db are amazing. A mix of tawaazo, presence of mind, sila rehmi (relationship fostering), making a fellow muslim happy (by informing you about the dua), helping someone, fulfilling an ahad if hazat had accepted that he will pray, time management...and I am sure I am have not even read completely into this example. maashAllah!

    Great share. jazaakAllahu khaira.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sub'haanAllah. These ahlullah db are amazing. A mix of tawaazo, presence of mind, sila rehmi (relationship fostering), making a fellow muslim happy (by informing you about the dua), helping someone, fulfilling an ahad if hazat had accepted that he will pray, time management...and I am sure I am have not even read completely into this example. maashAllah!

    Great share. jazaakAllahu khaira.

    ReplyDelete